Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ellis Island

Ellis Island at the height of immigration
Faces of America was a very interesting video that opened my eyes to how diverse our nation is. It really emphasizes that the majority of people in our culture are, or have immigrant ancestors, including movie stars, Hollywood directors and even Olympic gold medalist. I find it very interesting the reason why the majority of their ancestors or parents left was to improve their living conditions and for their children to have a better life than they had.It's incredible that we have such a diverse collaboration of cultures in our nation. The immigrants who have come over here to make a better life for themselves and for their children are the ones who, in my opinion have lead the nation to the great height that it currently is. Due to their strong work efforts and willingness to persevere even through hard times, these people have created the strong, hardworking work force that we have in this nation.


Unfortunately, due to that I am adopted, I know nothing about my family history. I find it so interesting learning about where other people have come from and I feel like there is such a strong connection with knowing where you come from and your culture. I hope that one day I will have the opportunity to pursue my ancestry and find out where my ancestors are from and why they chose to move here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment